Meeting up with old friends half-way home and “camping” in their driveway was the highlight of our trip home. We are no longer interested in 12 or 13-hour driving days, so this was an ideal way to break the trip into reasonable chunks.
Thursday evening was Bible Study at the church we used to attend, so we went along and saw some more of our old friends. Lovely time!
By the numbers, our trip looks like this:
- Number of miles driven: 1735
- Number of gallons of gas purchased: 118
- Average price per gallon: $2.16
- Average miles per gallon: 13.1
- Average cost per mile: $0.17
- Total # of Days on the Road: 16
- Number of “free” camping nights: 2
- Total cost for camping: $278.40
- Average camping cost per night: $21.42 (using senior discounts)
Here’s the whole trip in a nutshell: